Thread and Reply to List Breakage (Windows users?)

Jeff Kinz wrote:
> No extra work, no hoops.  The last two email clients I've used have this
> function available.  Currently I use mutt.  If your email client doesn't
> have a reply to list function you may want to look into mutt.

Now *that's* a hopeless venture: getting everyone to switch to your email client.

Thunderbird has "Reply" (uses "From" field) and "Reply All" (which does the
behavior you don't like.

You may want to look into using procmail to do your incoming filtering, which
handles all possible To/CC combinations painlessly.  Here's my blu rule:
 :0:
 * ^TOdiscuss at blu.org
 Linux/BLU

Easy as pie.

>> you're fighting a losing battle to expect people to jump through extra
>> hoops just for you (even though I did jump through that hoop this one
>> time).
>
> Matt- I don't want people to jump thru extra hoops for me. I just want
> them to be smart about things. :-)
>
> Like not sending two copies of the same message, and not sending a
> message in a way that removes it from its thread context.

Feel free to implement "Reply-to-list" or some such feature for Thunderbird,
and I'll be happy to upgrade.  But I'm not switching to mutt.  Sorry.

Matt

believed to be clean.