Linux and Solaris Kickstarts and Jumpstarts

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 17:28 -0500, Rusty Shackleford wrote:
> I am no longer at work so I cant check, is that an easy implementation
> to use the file in there?  I have some other applications that I need
> to have installed at the same time or is that file strictly for the os
> part of it?

That file is a script of the choices you made in the installer when
you installed the system initially. Applications you selected during
the initial install are included; applications you install later,
after the system is up and running, are not included.

When you install a new system using a kickstart file, it looks at
the file each step of the way, and then only prompts you for things
that are missing in the kickstart script. So if you leave out the
disk formatting stanzas, for example, but include everything else,
then the graphical installer will ask you to partition the disks,
and then it will immediately start formatting and installing.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager