Help Desk programs?

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> We have an Access 2000 - created helpdesk program that was designed
> in-house. It lives on a Windows 2000 Server with IIS, and uses http as a
> frontend, cgi using PERL as a backend.
>
> The system was put together by COOP students, but I'm not a programmer
> nor database person, and the other person with me isn't either.  The
> system is breaking and it would be nice to know how to manage and fix it
> ;-)
>
> The ticketing system needs to be rather basic - auditing per individual
> user login; permit simple entry of tickets via the web; provide a
> history of who did what; date-stamp activities (ticket open, updates
> made, date closed, who did each task); ability to re-open ticket;
> assigning tickets to another person; for creating tickets, perform an
> LDAP query to the organizational-wide LDAP server; create a report
> showing closed tickets, for any date range.
>
> I think that covers many of the basics.
>
> What are the open source and cheap options for ticketing systems that
> permit the above options?   It doesn't have to run under Windows.

Trac covers those I believe, and has an integrated wiki to boot:
http://trac.edgewall.org/

It's built to also be a subversion repository browser, but the latest versions
(as of 0.10 I believe) don't require a source repository to be used, leaving
the wiki and ticket system.

Matt

believed to be clean.