Text to Postscript conversion help (ONE-TIME)???

R. Mariotti wrote:
> I have been trying to create a ps output from my PHP program WITHOUT
> success...
>
> With the postscript output of the above, I should be able to use it as a
> template and substitute my own data in the appropriate areas.

That sounds like an approach that should work in theory. Have you tried it?

Design your label in some existing tool capable of producing PostScript.
  Replace your strings of "x" with something more unique, like:

Name: @@------NAME----------@@
Help-Line: @-HELP-LINE--@
Acct#  On/Off Code     Area(s)
@@---------LINE-1-----------@@
@@---------LINE-2-----------@@

And then use that as the template file and just perform simple text
substitution via your PHP code. Your PHP code won't need any special
knowledge of PostScript.

You might need to set options in your label design program to use a mono
space font and make sure it generates an uncompressed PostScript file.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA