problems with BLU mail?

On 12/29/06, David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:

> We only have a half-rack, right?  Can we really fit the 4 servers we've
> been talking about in a half rack?

The bostonusergroups rack is half-size, and BLU currently
has two servers in it: olduvai is 1U, and asgard is 3U.
There's still space for additional servers, and one of the
ideas we were kicking around was to decommission asgard
and use the 3U of space it takes up to add 3 more 1U servers.

I've got an HP lp1000r 1U server that I bought on ebay, and
it takes up to 3 hotswap scsi disks. I recently bought a set
of 3 73gb scsi disks and 2 GB of RAM on ebay that I'm still
waiting to receive. Configured as RAID-5, that will give
us 144 GB of disk space. Asgard and olduvai each have
36 GB of space. At the very least, this can replace asgard;
it will have twice the RAM, twice the disk, and more than
twice the CPU speed.

GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
GnuPG FP: 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8 5A 6E F1 2C BE 99

believed to be clean.