gNewSense

I am planing to migrate my system from Debian Sarge to gNewSense.  I
basically use the station for my dual boot home network.  I do have some
websites running on Apache 2 and Plone 2, and a mail server running Exim so
up time is sort of a premium.  Is there any reason not to make the switch.
I really want to switch to gNewSense so I am willing to contend with
configuration issues.  gNewSense is based on Ubuntu and Debian.  Does it
require the use of sudo for root access similar to ubuntu?  If so, would
someone be kind enough to provide the proper sudo command for root access?
Thanks
Jay

believed to be clean.