Linux alternative to MS Netmeeting

dsr at tao.merseine.nu wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 09:31:23AM -0500, Matthew Gillen wrote:
>> jboland at citistreetonline.com wrote:
>>> what about vnc?
>> Well, he asked about something that wouldn't require a server to "host" the
>> meeting, but it's not clear why that's undesirable, or what exactly he means
>> by that.  Without any more clarification on those two points, strictly
>> speaking VNC /does/ require a persistent "server" session, so it is presumably
>> unsuitable for him.
>
> It doesn't require a third machine to act as an intermediary,
> though. The "server" is merely the machine which is making a
> desktop available, and the "clients" are all the machines which
> are requesting a view of that.

Right.  I didn't say anything about an intermediary.  The point I was getting
at is that if the person whose laptop happens to be hosting the server session
gets up and leaves, all clients are left with blank screens.  So VNC does not
use an ad-hoc collection of peers.  How similar this is to Netmeeting I
couldn't say, since I don't know anything about how Netmeeting works.

Matt

believed to be clean.