Video from January meeting ?

James Kramer wrote:
> I tried out Second Life for one evening.  I am fairly certain that
> there are free sites to host a meeting.  It would be interesting for a
> meeting.
> Jay
>
> On 1/21/07, John Abreau <abreauj at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried Second Life once, on my Mac Mini, and navigation was
>> painfully slow. I just tried to connect a second time, and now
>> the application won't even launch.

The Mac Mini is underpowered for Second Life.

You need a computer with a fast CPU, at least 1GB of RAM, and a good 3D
accelerator from NVidia or ATI to run Second Life well. The original
Mini is a bit light in the CPU department, has a slow 3D chip, and most
of them don't have enough RAM. The new Intel-based Mini has Intel
integrated graphics, which spoils what would otherwise be a very nice
computer for Second Life.

There is a Linux client for Second Life; it's officially an alpha, but
it mostly works well. (You can't watch video on it, though, because
there is no QuickTime for Linux.) The official builds are x86 only, so
you can't run them on a PowerPC-based Mac. Linden Lab recently released
the client under the GPL, so we might see versions of the Linux client
for other architectures in the future.

believed to be clean.