Any one doing backups with VMware I3/SAN, etc???

Fellow Luggers:

New year, new project:  My shop is in the process of replacing 20+
physical Linux servers with 4 new servers running VMware I3 with the
works and an Equallogic PS100 SAN on the backend.

So far, so good!

We are now at the point of designing a reliable and usable backup
facility for this scheme.   Therefore, I was wondering if ANY of you
luggers have had any experience with backing up servers running under
VMware I3 ???

What did you run into? What did you end up doing?  What didn't work? Any
and all advice would be very helpful to me and, of course, to this list.

Thank you,

bobmct

believed to be clean.