Replacement for Quickbooks

I'm never sure how "FOSS or bust" any particular LUG is, but you might
consider looking into CodeWeavers' CrossoverOffice.  I bought a license a
couple years ago for <$50 and use it successfully with Quicken and various
Tax software.  I believe CodeWeavers touts their support of Quicken and
Quickbooks as major selling points, so you may want to take a look.

My personal philosophy has always been "use the best tool for the job."
When it comes to financial software, I really like the security of using
the tried and true programs.  And if they happen to only run in Windows, I
just have to cheat.

Of course if you're really brave, you may be able to get it to run in a
free instance of wine...but I never had much success with that approach.

Good luck,
-Danny Robert