Novell could be banned from selling Linux

Kordova wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2007, at 11:44 AM, David Kramer wrote:
>
>> http://today.reuters.com/misc/PrinterFriendlyPopup.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2007-02-02T230933Z_01_N02280856_RTRUKOC_0_US-NOVELL-LINUX.xml
>>

>> This is a horrible, horrible article that doesn't have a single line
>> explaining the justification for the proposed action.
>
> Do these lines count as explaining the justification?
>
>> after the open-source community criticized Novell for teaming up with
>> Microsoft Corp.
>> They have every reason to be deeply concerned that this is the
>> beginning of a significant patent aggression by Microsoft
>> Novell angered members of the open-source community that develops
>> Linux and other free software programs in November when it entered a
>> wide-ranging business deal with Microsoft.
>> Critics called on the board to punish Novell by banning it from
>> distributing new versions of Linux software, said Moglen.

That's motivation, not justification.  It's clear why the FSF (and the
vast majority of the Open Source community) would not want Novell to
partner with MSFT as they did, but the question remains, how is FSF
going to block Novell from selling Linux, and what legal means will they
use to enforce it.

I can see that I didn't make my point clear in my first email.  Sorry.

believed to be clean.