Novell could be banned from selling Linux

On 2/4/07, David Kramer <david at thekramers.net> wrote:
> http://today.reuters.com/misc/PrinterFriendlyPopup.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2007-02-02T230933Z_01_N02280856_RTRUKOC_0_US-NOVELL-LINUX.xml
>
> This is a horrible, horrible article that doesn't have a single line
> explaining the justification for the proposed action.  I couldn't find a
> better article on it, though, but I wanted to bring it up for discussion.
>
> Anyone else hear about this?

I had heard that the Reuters reporter had taken the whole thing
out of context, and that the actual statements he was misquoting
were about future version of the GNU toolchain being switched
to GPL3, at which point Novell would be banned from distributing
the new versions.

GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
GnuPG FP: 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8 5A 6E F1 2C BE 99

believed to be clean.