Novell could be banned from selling Linux

First thing is that the FSF tends to take business to court on behalf
of the software programmers. so even if Novell broke the GPLv2 on the
Linux Kernel; the FSF would still go after them on behalf of the Linux
Kernel devs. obviously asking first might be an idea but breaking the
license is breaking the license regardless of who hauls them into
court over it.

The new GPLv3 will be implemented by enough tools, especially since
this deal. Imagen Novell unable to distribute new version of Samba
Server/Client which integrate better with Vista. they'd have to spend
a lot of money on this Microsoft partnership to build up current v2
versions and the pace of FOSS has always been in the community not in
the single business.

Besides it's not about forcing any body to do anything, it's about the
agreement that is agreed upon by Company A in order to get and
redistribute software that it wishes to make money from if it suddenly
disagrees half way through then they no longer have the right to
distribute the software.

Regards, Martin