We're back in Wonderland, where up is down and it's off with IBM's head in SCO's happy dreams.

It seems that PJ must be taking a writing course, because this is one
of the funnier SCO portions:
"The "methods and concepts" are from AIX and Dynix, don't you know. SCO
isn't claiming IBM got them from System V! No, the high crime is that
IBM wrote AIX itself and then donated its "methods and concepts" from
its own AIX, and Dynix, to Linux. Can you beat that? In SCO's
fantasies, the whole world of software belongs to SCO. SCO's is the
head, the Medusa, from which spring all software thoughts, designs, and
concepts. All your code base are belong to us".

In any case, this article tends to put the entire SCO vs. IBM case into
perspective for what it is, a contractual dispute between SCO and IBM.

Back in 2003, IBM asked SCO for specific data (lines of code, et. al.),
and SCO was actually sanctioned for not providing that information.
But, last June, magistrate Judge Brooke Wells threw out most of SCO's
case, SCO appealed, and Judge Kimball ruled in November affirming Judge
Wells' ruling, and SCO subsequently asked Judge Kimball to reconsider.

In any event, this case has some very serious issues for Linux if, in
the very unlikely circumstance, that SCO were to succeed. Not only
would it require that we (or our distro) pay SCO a royalty, but we
programmers might have our programs be considered derivative works, and
the BLU might also be liable for holding installfests without SCO's
permission.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group