Parallel vs Serial speed

markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> It has nothing to do with synchronization, if anything, serial is a harder
> interface because it requires circuitry or software to convert it to
> parallel data from serial data.

I'm sure you're correct about all the voltage analysis, except that "harder"
from the above must not equate to "cheaper", since you don't see any computers
with Universal Parallel Bus ports...

/Something/ about parallel interfaces obviously makes them more expensive than
serial for the same speed, and I didn't see anything in your post that
explained /why/ "High speed drivers are expensive" compared to serial ones.

Matt

believed to be clean.