Ubuntu commercial support is the same as Vista Ultimate?!?!

So by your reasoning, Linux support companies should lower their
standards and pricing structures to that of Windows support companies
even though Windows is "so easy a caveman could do it" and you want to
try to find cavemen to staff the Linux support companies.  It's not
that Linux is more difficult, it's that Microsoft has designed a
inflexible product for idiots.  Microsoft has put computers in the
hands of hundreds of millions of stupid people that know how to point
and click and can't figure out a problem for themselves when clicking
doesn't work.  You wouldn't believe the moronic people that I deal
with on a day to day that have problems creating simple Excel
spreadsheets.  And the unfortunate side effect of this, is that more
and more of these  idiots are becoming so called Windows sysadmins.
Most people are lazy and stupid, they want people to do all the work
for them, they don't want to search the internet for the answer or
read a man page.  And I guarantee that some people on this list fall
into this category, sorry if this offends some but it's true.

And if I sound angry at these people it's because they are lazy, you
wouldn't believe the amount of windows sysadmins that ask me, a linux
sysadmin, how to fix a windows problem and expect me to do it for them
instead of asking me for advice and them learning.  No wonder they're
stupid.

Robert was right, you as a customer are free to find support for any
of your systems from anyone.  You are not being forced to go to
Microsoft or Ubuntu for support.   You can find a contractor or call a
company or you can hire someone.   My point was the people that take
advantage of Windows support are likely the same people that might
take advantage of Ubuntu support.  They are the small/medium size
business who wants to use Linux, they may or may not have a sysadmin
and they "may" need to call someone from time to time.

The company I work for is a RedHat shop.  We're all competent
sysadmins, but there have been a few cases, such as dealing with
unique hardware, where we have called Redhat and having the option to
call them directly was more beneficial than calling in a consultant.
And having that option is a huge selling point when presenting the
choice to upper management of which distro we are going to use.  If we
used Ubuntu or Novell on our servers, we would have called them.  I
personally think Ubuntu offering this is a great move considering how
popular Ubuntu has become.

Matt