NIC names

I am working on two systems that I want to configure with Veritas Cluster
Server/Manager.  However after installing everything it does not recognize
both machines as being part of the cluster, this is because on the second
machine the name of the nic is different than the name of the nic on the
first machine.  I called Symantec and they said that, I am right and they
have to have the same name.  Is there a way to change the name of the card
without changing the drivers?

believed to be clean.