wiki

I would recommend MediaWiki for a lot of reasons.

A nice thing about Mediawiki is that it is the most popular wiki
engine by far, meaning that other authors / contributors are more
likely to have used the software (if your wiki is a collaboration
engine and you actually have more than a single author :-).

Another aspect to look at is how well the wiki markup (syntax) is
supported by other software.  Are there inporters/exporters?  There is
no current standard wiki format, but there are people working on this
issue. Mediawiki can export xml, so you could re-use the content in
other systems.  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Export,
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Syndication_feeds, and
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:IndyGreg/WikiFeeds

In deciding which wiki is right for you, there is nothing that works
as well as setting up the wiki and actually trying it.  In order to
focus your short list of systems to try compare and think about
features at http://www.wikimatrix.org/

One area that they do not cover at wikimatrix is the semantic web, and
here there is a project that extends mediawiki to enable semantic
markup
http://ontoworld.org/wiki/Semantic_Web_overview