RPM dependencies kicking my a**

This my FC6 server, which has been doing so well, I was contemplating
impressed how yum deals with package dependencies, so I don't have to
hunt them down.  Until now.

I recently installed MythTV on that box, following the excellent
directions at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php.  Not fully working
yet, but I can capture audio and video from my PVR-350 card using ivtv,
and I have the channel lineup installed, yada yada.  I'm getting a blank
screen when I try to watch tv with it, but that's not what this is about.

I had a monster-long list of packages from yum list updates, including
the MythTV ones.  No matter what I do, I'm getting a conflict.  You can
see the entire run at
http://www.thekramers.net/tmp/yumerror.txt
but the essence is (reformatted for email):

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.51
conflicts between attempted installs of
ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.34.20070204.lvn6 and
libavcodec51-0.4.9-19_r7407.fc6.at

About 8 files conflict between these two packages.  Both packages have
enough dependencies that I can't just tell it not to install one or the
other.  Clearly the problem is the feud between atrpms and livna.  But
atrpms is where MythTV is coming from and livna chock full of packages
that are currently on my system, so I can't just disable one.

What should I do?  For now, I'm disabling livna, and removing
conflicting packages so the atrpms versions will get installed, but I
don't have a good enough feel for the "culture and mythology" of each
repo to know if that's a good idea or not.

Thanks.

believed to be clean.