RPM dependencies kicking my a**

David Kramer wrote:

>> What should I do?  For now, I'm disabling livna, and removing
>> conflicting packages so the atrpms versions will get installed, but I
>> don't have a good enough feel for the "culture and mythology" of each
>> repo to know if that's a good idea or not.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> This eventually got me updated, but I would still like to hear if this
> is SOP.

It's always something of a crap shoot when you use more than one non-official
repo, especially when it comes to mplayer-related packages.

If you know exactly what you want from one repo (for example, you want Livna's
nvidia/ati kernel drivers, but want all the video-codec stuff from the other
repo), the best long term solution is to tell yum that by adding an
"includepkgs" line to the livna.repo file ("includepkgs" specifies that only
those packages listed should be considered for updates/install)

By the way, if you want to remove Livna's version of something, "yum erase
<packagename>" will remove a package and anything that depends on it.  Saves
some time. :-)

HTH,
Matt

believed to be clean.