RPM dependencies kicking my a**

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 11:36:46AM -0500, Matthew Gillen wrote:
> Not to start a distro flame-war, but the reason that stuff is included in
> Ubuntu's official repos is that Ubuntu is virtually alone among the
> non-commercial distros in that it includes non-free (license- and/or
> patent-encumbered) software in the "official" distribution (unlike Debian or
> Fedora)...

You have to pick your battles.

In my case, I like Debian's management system. That's good
enough to select it as the base for my MythTV box. As a bonus,
debian-multimedia.org provides non-official but nevertheless
all-but-standard repositories that include mplayer, mythtv,
and so forth.

Yet I need a version of MythTV which is even newer than the one
packaged there, so I compile that by hand.

-dsr-

--

believed to be clean.