SAN woes

I have a client who has a EMC SAN (don't know the model#) with both
NTFS and HFS+ partitions on it.  Problem is, the Windows clients
cannot see the HFS+ partitions and the Mac OS X clients can read but
not write to the NTFS partitions.  My client tried some mac software
to write to the NTFS partitions from OS X but it was not reliable.
They are dealing with very large data files (many 1-2 GB files are
common.)  They use SanMP software which from all reports is not very
good.  That's all I know about the config for the moment.

I am wondering if there is some way we can get the Windows clients to
see the HFS+ partitions.  Ideas?

believed to be clean.