Too Technical

Hello all,

First of all I would like to thank the organisers of the installfest,
it was much fun and we managed to get some things working even in the
last minuets.

Second, I was listening to a user complain that even though he's
attended a few BLU meetings that the talks are always highly technical
and way beond the normal linux user of today. with mostly system
administrators and programmers making up our ranks this got me
thinking that perhaps as a user group we don't cater enough time to
giving more information to simple users on how to do things like usb
installs or compiz/3d driver set ups. I know browsing over the records
that we do a number of lower technical meetings but I'm just wondering
weather we should both have a technical rating for each meeting and
perhaps organise more for new linux users.

Perhaps other events don't even need to be held in MIT, we could just
pick out a nice pub and chat to users about various things once in a
while, I know we used to do this in London with various groups, more
of an afternoon group of people.

What are your thoughts and ideas? are we doing too little or perhaps
we already do too much for the simple linux user.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

believed to be clean.