kde konsole

dan moylan wrote:
> thanks david -- i'd just gotten there and have set
> everything up to my satisfaction (fonts, schema, etc),
> except that i'm unable to execute my login script
> (.bash_profile) while launching the konsole.  i suppose i
> can live with it, but it would be nice ....

Then you shall have it!!
On that screen where you set up the sessions, you'll see a field called
"Execute:", which should be set to "bash" for the "Linux Console"
session.  I'm pretty sure if you change it to "bash -l" (that's the
letter L) to make it a login shell, it will do what you want.

> btw, the fc6.iso you dd'd for me during the install fest
> mounts fine in the loop mode, but i have tried twice to
> burn a dvd disk using it, and though the process goes
> through to completion, and the disk "looks" as though it's
> been written (i see the bands on the written surface), it
> doesn't mount or exhibit any signs of success.

Well, without looking at the disk it's hard to guess, but the most
common mistake is to burn the ISO image as a file to the disk, instead
of burning it as an ISO image,  Do you understand the difference?

believed to be clean.