video editing

I'm getting some videos on my camera that need to have bits trimmed
off them and titles inserted.  I can do this in Windows moviemaker,
but then I have a .wmv file.  I spent a lot of time this afternoon
figuring out how to convert it to an mp4 file, and have managed it,
but it would be better to be able to do the whole job in Linux.

I have attempted unsuccessfully to use Cinelerra.  Is there something
a bit closer in interface to moviemaker?  I'm not trying to make
Hollywood sit up and take notice -- just to get some stuff uploaded to
youtube for my family and friends.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011