video editing

On 3/8/07, Laura Conrad <sunny at laymusic.org> wrote:

> My problem is that I don't have an original DV file, because that
> isn't what these cameras do.  So I can't figure out how to get Kino to
> do anything.  The documentation implies that it will convert to DV if
> you tell it what you want, but that hasn't happened yet.  I might be
> able to figure out the mencoder magic for converting to DV.

Oh, you've got one of those toys that records an mpeg file
instead of DV. I've always suspected those were developed as an
attempt to cripple the consumer video market, because the
cheap DV camcorders were making it possible for hobbyists
to create professional quality video, which the major studios
see as a threat to their business model.

I believe the mjpegtools package has what you need to convert
an mpeg file to a DV file.

    http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/

GnuPG KeyID: 0xD5C7B5D9 / Email: abreauj at gmail.com
GnuPG FP: 72 FB 39 4F 3C 3B D6 5B E0 C8 5A 6E F1 2C BE 99

believed to be clean.