DST issue

Dan Ritter wrote:
| If you have some old systems where you applied the tzdata fixes
| through zic;
|
| and zdump -v timezone |grep 2007 shows the right output
|
| and you are wondering why nothing appears to be paying
| attention to that
|
| make sure that /etc/localtime is a symbolic link, rather than a
| copy of the [old] compiled timezone in question.
|
| ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York /etc/localtime

Funny thing: On my linux box, everything seems to hav epicked up  the
new  DST change - except the KDE desktop.  It's still showing the EST
time. The obvious thing is to log out and in again.  But that doesn't
seem  to  be  in  the  spirit  of how things should be done on a unix
system.  Is there some trick to telling KDE that the DST  rules  have
changed and it should reread the zoneinfo stuff?

Otherwise I'll find some point where I don't mind killing  everything
I have running, and just Do It.

--
   _'
 <:#/>  John Chambers