Suggested Subject for Talk at BLU Meeting

Hi Christoph,

I have been having persistent difficulty using a usb memory stick with a number of different Linux distributions, eg. Ubuntu, Mepis, Kubuntu. A short time after recognizing and opening the stick the system will close the stick and reopen it in another window. It might then close and reopen the stick more than 10 times in 5-10 minutes.

This has been a major impediment to the utility of Linux for me.  I would like to transfer information between work and home on a usb stick but I can't do it. I find I have to use MS Windows to usefully transfer information.

Jerry Feldman said this was a known problem with the gnome desktop, but I've had it with a kde desktop also.

I would very much appreciate it if you would address this subject in your Linuxsoup talk. How does one reliably use a usb stick with Linux?

Thanks,

Paul Jameson

believed to be clean.