JOB Posting: programming

Immediately seeking a person to help me with a large and complex
php/MySql/javascript/html project.  The work will initially involve
fixing up maintenance front ends (and getting a few to work) and will
move quickly into presentation-layer coding that clients will see.  For
our client side code we use the Smarty templating system which provides
for a very clean connection between the html and the data.  The
maintenance front ends are hacked out with php as single-document
scripts (one script presents a record and the same one edits and saves).
  Good to know http post.

Most of our systems are working and the partially-documented code will
probably be an easy read once I provide the overview and tutorial.
Tasks will be fairly loosely spec'd in the beginning so some creativity
is desired and encouraged.  If you're really good (I hope so) tell me
how to do it better.  However there may be deferral of some improvements
as we push to get it fully working.  Very close communications as to how
the task will be achieved will be essential to avoid duplication of
efforts and synergy.  Documenting code would be a plus.

Skill levels need to be intermediate to expert in php.  Knowing how to
structure a query is good.  Figuring out how to accomplish something on
the client side in Javascript (we try not to use much) and achieving a
consistent look with the smarty/html is also essential.  If you don't
know smarty, don't worry.  It's really easy to work with and well
documented.

Are you artsy?  I know what looks good but have no idea how to get
there.  Artsy is welcome and needed, but not a show-stopper.

We have at least a solid part time need now.  Work for the first few
days with me for familiarity, then independently.

SSH certificate for access.  One server for testing and another going
online shortly for production.  Non disclosure and data
security agreement required.  We can supply workstation here but nice if
you can work with your own over a good connection.

As in my posting for a linux sysadmin, we need a methodical person who
documents and who can teach (without pain).  I never ask the same stupid
question more than once (sadly, the second time I may, however,
re-phrase it).  I might, after searching through other resources, send
an email: "how the heck can I do [a certain task] in html".  You might
shrug and utter an epitaph.

We are in the solar energy field.  No government work.  All green and good.

Future?  I haven't the foggiest idea.  But ours is a good place to learn
about solar energy and technology applications.

mark richards
SolarWave

mark-dot-richards-at-massmicro-dot-com

believed to be clean.