JOB Posting: Linux sysadmin

We are immediately seeking a person to do some ad-hoc (and a few hours
per month? of routine) server maintenance for us with an initial push
requiring more time for a new server setup and correction of problems on
existing box.  We have one dedicated in service and another coming on
line next week.

We're a small 2-person company and are very busy trying to bring a
product to market with no/little time to devote to server maintenance.

List of needed skills and software we are running (open to various
levels of ability in each; to discuss):

	- linux, of course
	- CentOS (almost everything we have is repository based)
	- yum, cron, the basics
	- isp firewall but also iptables used on dedicated boxes
	- imap mail on current server with basic web services
		- apache, php, mysql
		- ssl, amavisd, spamassassin, dovecot, clamd.
	- large mysql database on new server with web services (no mail)

Tasks:
	- routine check of both servers
		* security issues (we have snort installed and have
		plugins)
		* performance issues
		* specialized backups (other than daily by host)
		* review logs; identify issues; resolve
	- software install/setup
		* anything new or a manual update
	- existing issues
		* infrequent timeouts
		* some log entries for mail that need addressing
		* clamd improperly installed; re-do using yum and
		integrate back into amavisd
		* spam detection a bit too generous; better techniques?
	- emergencies
		* security issues
		* work with host if hardware or other failure to help
		resolve (host is in Missouri, so phone contact of
		course)

We are expecting more hours initially for setup of new server and
cleanup of existing issues, then perhaps a weekly checkup as you may
recommend to us.  SSH certificate for root.  Non disclosure and data
security agreement required.

A methodical person who documents and who can teach (without pain) would
be ideal.  I never ask the same stupid question more than once (sadly,
the second time I may, however, re-phrase it).

mark richards
SolarWave

mark-dot-richards-at-massmicro-dot-com

believed to be clean.