[JOB] JR/SR Linux System Administrator

Virb Inc is a growing Boston based company that owns/runs and
maintains several high-traffic internet properties. We are in search
of a full-time linux system administrator.

     === Daily Job Responsibilities
     -> Monitoring & Maintaining systems, and servers
         -> Mission Critical systems
         -> internal and external servers
         -> backup systems
     -> Work with support personnel to identify new problems and bugs
     -> Work with development team to identify and rectify problems
with new features

     === Other Responsibilities
     -> Disaster recovery planning and implementation
     -> Network capacity/design planning and implementation
     -> Server builds, configurations, and install
         -> Hardware purchasing and installation
         -> Operating System install and configuration
     -> Researching new technologies and vendors that might benefit
the company
     -> Other Technical tasks assigned by managers
         -> Data retrieval and organization

     === Skills REQUIRED
     -> LAMP Server Admin skills
         -> Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP experience a MUST
         -> RedHat based distro experience a MUST
     -> Moderate understanding of TCP/IP networks and internet
architecture
         -> routing protocols
         -> DNS
     -> Server Hardware building and testing

     === Skills Desired
     -> experience with E-Commerce systems and merchant accounts
     -> MySQL High Availability setups
     -> Linux High Availability server setups
     -> experience with high traffic web sites and applications
     -> VOIP/POTS setup and maintenance
     -> High-Level Network architecture design and implementation
         -> BGP
         -> Load balancing
         -> High availability clusters
         -> Anycast networking

Salary is based on experience and will range from $40,000 - $60,000
per year.
Job position is located in Allston MA, no remote work will be
considered. Re-location compensation will be considered for the right
candidate.
We are open to recent college graduates with Linux experience who can
grow with us.

Please forward all resumes and/or questions to jobs at virb.com

Thanks.

--