rhel5 wireless?

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

My vaio is now happyly transmitting on its wifi! (It's been 3 years
since I got the laptop and this is the first time it's actually working
well under linux!)

I tried using the NetworkManager, and it sure looks promising. But right
now, all it does is go into an infinite loop of activating and
deactivating the network interfaces. I don't see a clean way of starting
up the NetworkManager from the pull down menus, which makes me think
that there is some configuration I need to setup before I use it. Or is
there another app which allows me to choose which wireless network to
hookup to?

Cheers. Steve.

gboyce wrote:
> http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net/firmware.php?fid=7
>
> Just copy the .fw files into /lib/firmware and then unload and reload
> the ipw2200 driver (or reboot).
>
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Stephen Adler wrote:
>
>> Hi, this is exactly my problem. Where do I get the firmware? I've got
>> an ipw2200 as well. I did a dmesg to find out no firmware is being
>> loaded.
>>
>> Thanks.

>>> I just installed the Centos 5 beta which is based on RHEL 5.
>>>
>>> The normal networking configuration tool handles wireless
>>> configuration as well, but it appears as though the system does not
>>> have the appropriate firmware out of box for my Intel IPW2200 card.
>>> The configuration tool did not even provide any indication that it
>>> has wireless configuration options until I manually installed the
>>> needed firmware.
>>>
>>> What wireless chipset are you using?  Perhaps you're having a
>>> similiar problem.

believed to be clean.