Vonage/Verizon

Matthew Gillen wrote:
> gboyce wrote:
>> Speakeasy has been purchased by Best Buy:
>>
>> http://www.speakeasy.net/press/pr/pr032707.php
>
> I think I've got it worse, Verizon is inches away from shutting down Vonage
> with patent violations:
> http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/03/23/1730259
>
> I love that as Vonage customer, they have communicated *nothing* about this to
> me.  They apparently issued a press release about it, but I couldn't find a
> link to it from their front page, and the only way I knew about it was from
> the comments on slashdot:
> http://pr.vonage.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=235198
>
> I hope they win their appeal...

I'd like to know what it is that Verizon is claiming.  Does anyone have
an idea?  Seems to me that if Verizon was so upset it would have acted
long ago.

Learning this back to back with the demise of Speakeasy (I consider the
purchase == demise), which was brought on by what I feel were Verizon's
unfair practices with regard to equal access to public facilities for
ADSL and other service provision, the choices for technical and other
consumers is being further squeezed.

Where is our government in this?  Are they not interested in preserving
competition and consumer protection? (tongue-in-cheek).

believed to be clean.