NOOOOOOOO

Kordova wrote:
> isn't that a fraud/theft/possible felony?
Officers and agents of corporations in the US are generally protected
from any personal liability.  Also, there's no way to put a corporation
behind bars.  This is why the structure of a corporation exists - to
shield.  However in the US corporations have it both ways in that the
corporate entity is treated as a "person", thereby granting the entity
the same rights and protections as sentient beings.  So in combination
one can argue that the corporation has all the rights (a "person") but
holds little responsibility borne of consequence (individual actors
"shielded" behind the corporation).

BestBuy's alleged shady practices have spawned numerous web sites.
Here's one of my favorites: http://bestbuysux.org/cust.html

It is rare that criminal statutes would be applied.  The best a consumer
can do is put pressure on suppliers and file a lawsuit.  Lawsuits are
becoming further limited and consumer power to find a solution reduced
in the current sad political climate.  A nationally-legislated or
enforced solution is unlikely.  Reliance on state Attorney Generals,
where they have jurisdiction, may also be a course of action.

I have shopped in a BestBuy for a keyboard, once, and I was unaware of
the longstanding consumer complaints.  I didn't purchase because I not
one of the three employees I spoke with had an inkling of product
knowledge.  I was aware of a very high level of surveillance and
security (I have relatives in the business), suggesting that the
operation was a theft paradise.  Something didn't smell right.  Later
on, reading about the corporation, it all made sense.  How a company can
continue on with such widespread and horrific litter of complaints is
beyond understanding.

Good luck to Speakeasy and their customers.

/m

believed to be clean.