NOOOOOOOO

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:36:02 -0400
Kordova <kordova at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2007, at 2:09 PM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:35:13 -0400
> > Kordova <kordova at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> isn't that a fraud/theft/possible felony?
> > I would think that what Kristian did was probably a felony if viewed
> > very strictly, but in my mind justified.
>
> oh, so theft is ok because he did not investigate the company
> beforehand and they gave him a hard time. got it.
No, theft is not ok. I'm saying that in his particular case, his
actions are probably mitigated to some extent. You go into a major
retailer, Best Buy, Sears, Circuit City, you expect that they stand
behind their agreements. When they don't, you need to ask, is the
problem because the local people are just jerks, or is it the company.
In the case of a lemon product, and you have documentation, don't fight
the people who can't make it right. Go the the AG (most states, the
consumer protection is with the AG), go to the top of the corporation.
In my case with Home Depot, I intentionally blind-sided the store
manager. I don't care (in my case) if Nardelli saw my email or not,
what was important that some admin in his office sent it down to
someone with a "handle this please" memo. I once as rejected for a
Credit Card at the C&S National Bank in Georgia. I called the Chairman,
Mills B. Lane, who actually answered his phone, told him my situation.
I got my card immediately.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group