NOOOOOOOO

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:05:55 -0400
"Martin Owens" <doctormo at gmail.com> wrote:

> > oh, so theft is ok because he did not investigate the company
> > beforehand and they gave him a hard time. got it.
> >

> In this specific case where he has sold the laptop that was broken
> onwards in order to earn more money and value that he started out with
> is a bit of a problem morally speaking. you don't punish a theif by
> stealing from them; as is said an eye for an eye makes everybody blind
> - ghandi.
>
> Instead I would have research my consumer protection laws, in the UK I
> would argue with customer reps who hadn't read their Goods of Sales
> Act 1982 amended in 2001 and I could quote the specific paragraphs
> about 'Within a reasonable time' and 'Goods or services not fit for
> propose' even managers aren't built to cope with it. then you move to
> the CEOs, then the normal law proceedings apply. normally it never
> gets that far because you've argued correctly for a refund.
>
> In the end it's better not to commit crimes against people that have
> done you wrong; the law is there to help you not hold you back.
Agreed.
In my case, I would have send email or written a letter to Robert
Willett CEO. But, one of the tactics I use is to ask to see the
manager, and then ask for the name and address of the CEO. I also take
names. If a manager is unpleasant, I'll make sure his management knows
about it. Normally, I try to hit 2 or 3 top executives, and avoid
middle management.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group