printer(/copier/etc.) recommendations?

Jerry Feldman wrote on Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:52 PM
> Subject: Re: printer(/copier/etc.) recommendations?
>
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 01:49:00 -0400, Mick Timony wrote:
>
>> At the moment I've an HP PSC 2210 (bought in 2005?) and it works
well,
>>  prints, copies, scans, & faxes. And fairly easy to setup in CUPS.
>
> That is the model that I have:

[..]
> Bottom line:  We like the printer
> and it works fine both on Windows and Linux... (snip)

I have a  HP PSC 1350 which is earler model" from the HP PSC 2210.
(I bought mine in Feb of 2005 and got one of the last of the 2004
models.)

Although we all know, HP make a lot of money from selling "ink
cartridges",
-- and it is something to be aware of  -- I wouldn't let it stop me --
as I have been very happy with the HP printers I have used
both at home and at work.

I have heard that a few of the HP printers don't have Linux drivers,
so if I was making a big corporate purchase I would ask .. and google ;)

Color is nice and I like black ink + separate color cartridge,
as I am mostly doing text, but there are some things
that just look so much nicer in color.

( I agree with Jerry's list on the printers to avoid.)

In a corporate environment having several printers is nice
rather than just one.  Why, in case of a printer jam or dead ink
cartridge
where you have to ask to have the cartrige replaced,
you just send your job to one of the other printers on the network.

At home if my printer dies, I can jump in my car
and go to my local office supply store
and buy another printer off the shelf as they are relatively cheap.

HTH,
Gar

believed to be clean.