Create Sys links to start up scripts RHEL 4

I'm not sure what you mean by "sys links", but I assume you mean
"symbolic links" or "symlinks" for short.
The command is ln(1):
ln -s TARGET [LINK NAME]
For instance, assume there is a directory, /opt/matlab that contains
the the subdirectory etc and files lmboot and lmdown.
Also, let's assume that the $MATLAB environment variable is set
to /opt/matlab.
So, the commands you need to do (as root) are:
 ln -s $MATLAB/etc/lmboot /etc/lmboot_TMW
 ln -s  $MATLAB/etc/lmdown /etc/lmdown_TMW
These will create the symbolic links, lmboot_TMW and lmdown_TMW in
the /etc directory.
If you do not have the $MATLAB environment variable set, then you can
simply issue the following 2 commands:
ln -s /opt/matlab/etc/lmboot /etc/lmboot_TMW
ln -s  /opt/matlab/etc/lmdown /etc/lmdown_TMW

Just another explanation:
In this case the /etc/init.d/flexnet script is run during
initialization of the appropriate run level, in your case probably 5).
If you need an explanation of run levels, I have a presentation from
last June's meeting that you can consult:
http://www.blu.org/cgi-bin/calendar/2006-jun