Getting used to the mac single button...

Stephen Adler wrote:
> With the rather impressing glitz of the Mac OS X, I'm having a hard time
> with the single button interface... Is there an alternate
> button/key sequence which will do a "right click"?
Hi, Stephen. To solve your problem, the first thing you should do is to get a 3-button mouse. :-) Seriously. It will work with your Mac, and right-click will do just what you expect it to. Actually, I think those mice Apple's been selling, the ones with three buttons on top, a 2-dimensional scroll-wheel, and "squeeze" buttons on the sides... Those mice are tr?s cool.

I have a MacBook that I use for everything. (Even for running apps on my Linux box, via X over my wireless LAN.)

If you have a MacBook, you can also do what I've done. Go to the "Keyboard & Mouse" System Preferences, and under the "Trackpad" tab, look at the options under "Trackpad Gestures." I don't remember what the defaults are. I have all the gestures enabled (except for drag-lock). This means I can tap with two fingers to right-click. I can drag with two fingers to scroll in two dimensions. I can tap-drag to click-drag. This arrangement is pretty convenient. The only disadvantage is that if I start moving around too fast, a click + move turns into click-drag. That's when I start using the trackpad button. :)

Take care,
-TimK

--
http://LucrativeWebDesign.com/