Bash trick of the day

Eric C wrote:
> "Usage: ./davidKramer.sh <command to run> <minutes to
> run for>"  - David
>
> So last night as I was patting myself on the back for
> not having to install the 100+ packages for mythtv
> (saving that project for a later time, I already have
> way too much stuff on my computer) and only having a

Not that I think you should start installing it when you only have an
hour or two free, but you don't actually have to run the RPM command
100+ times.  There are "meta-packages" for most distros that will
automatically suck in all dependencies, as well as excellent guides
specific to many distros.

> smattering of PHP (if you saw the code for the tracker
> I'm making you would give yourself a tummy ache
> giggling) I assumed that those were variables I'm

Do tell!  And let us know what you need help with.

> Your best teacher is your last mistake. - Ralph Nader

Yes, but getting advice from someone else who made that mistake first is
a lot less painful  ;)

believed to be clean.