[OT] Laptop and motorcycles

On 4/2/07, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
> Thanks guys. I don't think it would be a problem. I'd like to hear from
> Matt Galster on this too.
>
> --
If money weren't an issue, I'd go with the toughbooks.  We use them
for tactical/deployable situations, they kick them around on the
aprons as they work on planes, and they take them on flights to
support some programs.

Perhaps go with an otherwise solid computer and put loctite blue on
the fasteners?

Most HDs (as do all v-twins, mine included) have a healthy dose of
vibration.  By design at this point, as most designs use
counterbalancers to get rid of all but the amount of vibration they
want to keep.   I saw an HD this weekend where the owner had a sterio,
600W amp, and an mp3 player in a saddlebag.  I'd think if there were
any troubles, he'd get skip & premature failure from the mp3 player.

My concern would be moisture protection.  Unless they are good hard
bags, weather can get in there.

MEG

believed to be clean.