zoneEdit

On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 10:47:07AM -0400, James Kramer wrote:
> Also,  I was considering using ddClient for the dynamic IP
> client.  Is this a good choice.

Yes. I've been using it for years for my customers. Other options are dd-wrt
(if you run that on your wrt54g) or m0n0wall (if you run that on a
firewall-type device like a soekris - both support dyndns-style services.

> I remember in the past someone from
> BLU commented that it is possible to request the ISP to associate user
> domain names to assigned dynamic IP addresses.  Is this possible?

Yes. I run a small ISP, and I offer that service to people with their own
domain names. Note that this is independent of which ISP is actually
providing your internet connection, it's the entity that controls the dns
servers for your domain that needs to do this.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -( "Fools ignore complexity.  Pragmatists suffer it. Some  )-
Virtual hosting -(     can avoid it.  Geniuses remove it." -- Perlis's     )-

believed to be clean.