IIC Internet Virtual servers

James Kramer wrote:
> I was contacted by IIC virutal private server
> http://iicvps.com/index.php.  Their virtual server can support Debian,
> apache2, zope2.9 and Plone along with a static ip (or something
> similar) for $119.00 for the year.

Sounds good. The pricing is in-line with shared hosting.

Does that provide root access? Can you install any services you want?

What's their level of involvement in maintaining the software? Do they
keep the OS and base packages up to date or is it up to you? Does it
come with a web-based control panel?

Hacking systems is fine, as mentioned earlier in the thread, but
sometimes it just makes sense to outsource, and save your limited time
for dealing with the content of your site.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA