OpenSourceHowTo.org

Paul Matthews wrote:
> http://www.opensourcehowto.org
>
> hi everyone, i've setup a website so that users of open source server side
> software can come and look at instructional guides, how-to's, forums,
> wiki's and all sorts of other information about setting up software on
> Linux for both windows and Linux based networks.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this.  One of the problems the
Linux community faced is that there's a lot of information out there,
but it's distributed over so many places, it's hard to know where to
look.  Yes, you can Google things and find resources all over, but that
helps you answer specific questions, not find out new things you didn't
know about.  Since there are so many existing places like this, I think
the user would have been better served if you posted your articles on an
existing one.

This was one of the frustrating things about OpenZaurus, when I was
using a Sharp Zaurus as my PDA.  There's about 5 different sites
dedicated to it, all with different content, some contradictory, and
much of it without timestamps, so you had no idea which article was newer.

Having said that, the articles look very well done (except for not
having the aforementioned "born on date").  That's some great writing.

Oh, am I the only one who read the acronym too quickly as OSH*T?  Maybe
that's appropriate, though   ;)

believed to be clean.