Alternatives to Cambridge Brewery for next month

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:17:58PM -0400, John Abreau wrote:
> I called Atasca to ask about their hours. Their kitchen closes at
> 10:00 pm.
>
> We now have a reservation there for 12 people, at 9:30 pm on
> Wednesday, May 16.

...discussion with several friends now or lately employed in the
restaurant biz suggest that entering a restaurant 30 minutes
before it closes is Not A Good Idea.

The waiters want to go home. The kitchen staff want to go home.
Normally they would be shutting down the kitchen at that point,
as they are certain that no one will order anything except
dessert and coffee. Shutting down takes a while, so starting at
9:30 or so means that they can leave by 10:30 or 11.

Instead, at the end of a night, they will need to stay late for
you. Being at the restaurant at 9:30 means that you will have an
order by 9:45 or so, and the kitchen will not be able to close
until 10:30. People will be going home late because of this.

If you entertain hopes of going there a second time at 9:30, tip
generously.

-dsr-

--

believed to be clean.