Debian/Ubuntu summary

On 4/23/07, Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold at buddydog.org> wrote:
> Well, personally I tried a bunch of Linux distros, including Ubuntu, and finally
> settled on openSUSE. I know the whole Novell thing is anathema to some, but it
> was a distro that just worked, out of the box, for me and my slightly offbeat
> setup. I used Ubuntu for about a week, when things started to go wrong and
> there were enough annoyances to send me back on the Linux trail. I wrote about
> my quest here:
>
> http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000852.html
> http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000853.html
> http://freebsd.amazingdev.com/blog/archives/000856.html

Yeah, Ubuntu does lack a nice dual-monitor configuration utility by
default.  One problem is the differences between ATI and NVidia
configuration settings.  They each have their own options.  Or you
could use some generic Xorg options without the driver-specific
option, and I'm not sure what SuSE does.  It's definitely something
that could improve in the default Ubuntu install.  In fact, I'm
interested in other problems you ran into so that I may bring them up
for Ubuntu dev...
--
Kristian Hermansen

believed to be clean.