Topic change: ethics; was Sysadmin job opening up at my company inWoburn, MA

i think it's great that you've have brought up this
topic.  i've always admired scientists in the past who
have spoken up and i'm quite interested in reading
what others might say.

"Before applying our brainpower to something, we might
wish to consider what it is we're building."  brain
power, oh crap, i'm already out of this conversation!

consider my post a mere vote of support.

- eric c.

this quote really schocked and scared me as a child:
War Games (1983): "Stephen Falken: Now, children, come
on over here. I'm going to tell you a bedtime story.
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. Once
upon a time, there lived a magnificent race of animals
that dominated the world through age after age. They
ran, they swam, and they fought and they flew, until
suddenly, quite recently, they disappeared. Nature
just gave up and started again. We weren't even apes
then. We were just these smart little rodents hiding
in the rocks. And when we go, nature will start over.
With the bees, probably. Nature knows when to give up,
David."

believed to be clean.