ethics

I am not sure where Adam's remote diagnosis of Asperberger's Syndrome is
aimed, but it's personally a bit shocking to read.  ADD, ADHD, and
"Asperbergers" (actually it's "Aspberger Syndrome") are in the same
family, but different in intensity and spectrum.  ADD/ADHD is much more
widespread and we all might well fall somewhere into those DSM's.  The
relevance of your assertion is puzzling.  Perhaps the author might share
the full import of the remark?

As to the apologetic for working on government projects where Adam
presents the true mix of intents (peace, war, and defense) that come
under the "DOD" umbrella, I would offer a related yet more severe analog
where an offensive weapons targeting system is centrally placed in a
public apartment building.  One is used to shield the other.  "You
cannot seperate [sic] these actions from those which you might object
without dismantling the DoD", Adam says.  Gotta admit it - this is
certainly a problem just as it is in the "safe house".

I'd have far more respect for the DOD if they re-named themselves "War
Department", which was used with some pride long ago.  This sign above
the door would be at least more honest, and let everyone know what it is
they are getting into.

Times are far different now.  And not to disparage sincere technologist
who consciously want to do good, and further despite any "good" that may
be done under the same name, It's my view that putting tools and
technology into dirty hands involves a level of compromise that at least
some are unwilling to make.  If my screed would be refined, perhaps it
would have said this, too.

/m

believed to be clean.