Topic change: ethics; was Sysadmin job opening up at my company inWoburn, MA

> David Kramer commented:
> | Yup.  All the best tech comes from the DOD, the space program, and porn
> | companies.
>
> You forgot the game companies.  They've contributed nearly as much as
> the porn industry.
>
> Of course, these four application  areas  are  rather  inter-related.
> Remember when Ronald Reagan praised the game makers for providing the
> hand-eye training for our next generation of fighter pilots.   (Maybe
> we can work in some bad joke about porn here.  ;-)

DUH!! Yes.  In fact, as we speak I'm working on my second training system
that involves a high fidelity simulator.  And this one's a MMORPG.  We're
designing and implementing a system that connects the MMORPG to a didactic
learning management system to combine didactic and eperiencial learning in
the same training tool.  Very exciting, if we can actually make it work.
The LMS isn't really designed for that, and we're kinda forcing another
aspect into the LMS it's not used to.  I'm not sure how much more I can
say about it.

The first one I worked on (that I've talked to MEG about in the past) a
project to collect data from multiple simulators all connected together
(via HLA) similating different entities in the same virtual world, while
our software collected data about the players' actions, assessing them
against a set of measures to derive a performance assessment.  This one
was pretty cool, because we got training on how to use the simulator, and
I needed this intensely cool ~20 button flight stick to play it.

believed to be clean.