4 Gig in new Prec 490 showing as 3 Gig?

Run the program dmidecode and look for the following:

As you can see my machine is limited to 2GB of ram, 1GB per slot.

Memory Controller Information
        Error Detecting Method: None
        Error Correcting Capabilities:
                None
        Supported Interleave: Four-way Interleave
        Current Interleave: Four-way Interleave
        Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MB
        Maximum Total Memory Size: 2048 MB
        Supported Speeds:
                70 ns
                60 ns
        Supported Memory Types:
                SIMM
                DIMM
                SDRAM
        Memory Module Voltage: 3.3 V
        Associated Memory Slots: 2
                0x0008
                0x0009
        Enabled Error Correcting Capabilities:
                None

Memory Module Information
        Socket Designation: DIMM0
        Bank Connections: 0 2
        Current Speed: 2 ns
        Type: ECC DIMM
        Installed Size: 512 MB (Double-bank Connection)
        Enabled Size: 512 MB (Double-bank Connection)
        Error Status: OK